We now have a base system with following features:
- Linux 184.108.40.206 kernel with an init ramdisk using usplash to display and animate the boot progress.
- LSB with essential tools like coreutils, etc.
- DHCP, NFS, iputils, etc.
- A full build framework (known as factory from SkyOS) to rebuild the entire system and support self hosting
- Initial parts of the SkyOS C++ API ported to Linux.
- Ported the SkyOS messaging system (formally known as DataExchangePorts, now called MessagePort) to allow bidirectional interprocess communication.
- Initial appserver using svgalib as graphic backend (for VESA and other dedicated chipsets). (this appserver replaces the SkyOS GUI part which resisted in the kernel)
- Initial test application using SkyOS C++ Application class to register and talk to app server.
- Teaching appserver key/mouse input, basic window handling
- Porting rest of SkyOS C++ Classes (primarily all classes needed for Window handling)