Graphical user interface
The graphical user interface of SkyOS (SkyGI) is very flexible and powerful. Full theming and skinning is supported as well as really nice graphical features like:
- Desktop composing
- Mouse gesture visualization
- Alpha blending
- Transparent windows and alpha blended windows
- Window shadows
- Rounded windows
- Free form window shapes
- Window animations
- Optional OpenGL rendered windows
- Antialiased truetype fonts with font kerning
- Support for BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG and ICO out of the box
- Various themes like WindUI, Classic, Revolution and BeOS
- Supports Windows (tm) .RES resource files in seperate files or embedded in applications
- Supports application translation to any language
- Widgets: Button, Checkbox, ClientWindow, ColorSelectDialog, ComplexEdit, Dialog, Dynamic bitmap, Edit field, FileSelectDialog, FileView, FontSelectDialog, GroupBox, Frame, ListView, Menu, MessageBox, Popup, ProgressBar, PromptDialog, PropertyPage, PropertySheet, Scrollbar, Slider, Static text, StatusBar, TextEdit, Title, TreeView, ToolTip and more.
- Hardware acceleration for various graphic cards like ATI, NVidia, Chips&Techs,...
Originally started as a mockup from a GUI contest, the WindUI theme is now very functional.