New features in Build 6669, available in the Beta Center:
- Use desktop composing on every graphic device
- A complete new ATA/ATAPI driver
- Support for PATA and SATA devices
- CD Recording support, including a graphical CD/DVD Image Write application
- USB 1.1/2.0 support
- Support for USB keyboard, mouse, mass storage devices, printers and hubs
- USB notification system which informs you via Notification Panel of new devices
- Printer framework, supports printing on local USB and network shared printers.
- PrintSpooler and Printer configuration plugin for System Manager
- Pixel Image Editor Build 572 included in this release
- Updated Desktop Communication Service
- Added Lukas Linemayr's applications. People, Subnecto and VNC Viewer
- An updated Blender version
- Updated software store for automatic update
- Hundreds of bugfixes.
With the new USB, Printing and CD Recording supported, SkyOS now has a rather good hardware support, including at least:
- PS/2 mouse/keyboard
- Serial mouse
- ELO Touchscreen
- Wacom Tablet Input devices
- ATA/ATAPI/PATA/SATA devices
- ATA/ATAPI/PATA/SATA chipset support for AMD, Intel, NVidia, SIS, and VIA.
- Various soundcards including SB Live, ES1371, AC97, VIA 82xxx, etc.
- All VESA 2.0 compatile graphic cards
- 2D/GUI acceleration for most ATI Radeon and NVidia GeForce, Mach 64, all Intel i815, i830, i845, i855, i865, i915, Chips & Technologies, Virtual VMWare graphic card
- Various network cards including 3C509, AmdPCNet, RTL8139, VIA Rhine, Intel EEPRO 100, etc.
- UHCI 1.1, EHCI 2.0
- USB Mass storage devices (card reader, harddisks, etc.)
- Up to 1000 different USB and Network Printers
- USB Mouse and keyboard
- USB Hubs
- VMWare Tools
Big thanks go to the alpha team, who had to fight with nine alphas in order to make this beta release possible.
Detailed changelog is available.